Tuesday 8 May 2018

Cirrus Dining, Barangaroo, NSW

To celebrate my birthday, I decided to take the opportunity to dine at the spectacular two-hatted restaurant Cirrus, renowned for being one of Sydney's best seafood restaurants with picturesque harbour views and excellent food. It is located at the former Noma pop up site on the northern end of Barangaroo's harbourside precinct. 
We opted for the Cirrus Menu and this menu style is intended for sharing. We received two dishes each for most of the courses which is I think is portion for four. The stand-out dish for me was the Roasted King Prawns with Koji butter, it tasted absolutely fantastic and I am still salivating about it. Meanwhile, most dishes were excellently presented and you can taste the freshness in every bite. The kitchen presented me with a gorgeous blueberry birthday cake and it tasted heavenly. I was happy to leave having enjoyed a lovely meal.



Hanging vintage speed boat, Alvin.


Ocean trout + smoked beetroot + pepperberry + toast



Torched Bonito + Cucumber + Macadamia + Saltbrush

Roasted King Prawns + Koji Butter
These prawns were the highlight of our meal. It was packed with so much flavour and tasted absolutely sensational.

The prawn shell was so crispy and tasty I cannot resist not eating them. If that was fried I would have eaten all of it including head and tail.

Ora King Salmon + Charred Cabbage + Black Garlic


Fennel + Cheese

Rangers Valley Flat Iron + Mustard + Chips + Aioli


My surprise Blueberry Mousse Cake!

The cake is layered with different textures of mousse, sponge cake, puree and crust.

Persimmon + Mandarin + Frozen Yoghurt


The elegant building housing the restaurant.

Some buildings with fantastic architecture in Barangaroo.

Barangaroo House and the trio of International Towers in the background.


Cirrus Dining
10/23 Barangaroo Avenue, Barangaroo, Sydney

02 8214 0505
Cirrus Dining Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments: