Wednesday 21 March 2018

Kushiya Monogatari, Shinjuku

Does the idea of selecting your own food to fry sounds like fun
Kushiya Monogatari is an all-you-can-eat kushiage (deep-fried meat and vegetables on skewer) restaurant located only a stone's throw away from Tokyo's Shinjuku Station.  
A peek through the restaurant's window made my stomach growl and since I've never tried nor seen one like it before I thought I should give it a go. They have a huge selection of skewered meat, seafood and vegetables to fry, a variety of sauces and preserved vegetables as well as salad and dessert stations and a chocolate fountain. I thought the price seemed reasonable and will leave you completely satisfied as long as you won't mind finishing your food in 90 minutes and leaving smelling a bit like deep fried tempura.

There are around thirty kinds of ingredients available for you to fry, including meat, seafood, vegetables and even desserts.

Salad station

Tsukemono (preserved vegetables) and furikake (rice seasoning).


Variety of homemade sauces from sweet plum to savoury radish as well as cheese.
 


Coat ingredients with batter and panko then deep fry in oil. It's easy as 1,2,3.


Yes, it's taiyaki. My favourite Japanese fish-shaped cakes filled with red bean paste.

Fry, fry, fry!


Marshmallows, rainbow sprinkles and a chocolate fountain.



My guiltiest pleasure for sure. Now it's time to hit the reset button on my body.  


Kushiya Monogatari
1-19-1 Kabukicho | 1F Shinjuku Toho Bldg., Shinjuku

No comments:

Post a Comment