Friday 4 November 2016

j.e.f., Ghent

I like to keep things organised, so when I travel I always book at restaurants two to three months ahead. Ghent is the place to be in Belgium if you are a foodie like me and j.e.f. (stands for Jason en Famke who is the chef and owner) is definitely one that I would recommend. This cozy little Flemish restaurant is very popular therefore booking is absolutely necessary. If you are taking the tram, it conveniently stops right in front of the restaurant. 

After reading positive reviews about j.e.f. I was excited and eagerly looking forward to dine there. I must admit my expectations were pretty high. My first taste of Flemish food certainly didn't disappoint. The chef is extremely inventive, creating excellent original dishes using seasonal, local and organic ingredients. 
The dishes all tasted lovely and fresh. However, the service was a tad slow.

Simply couldn't resist the beauty of Ghent. These shots taken on our way to j.e.f.




Cozy interior.








Mackerel, Lovage, Daikon, Cottage Cheese, Elderflower

Bone Marrow, Snails, Smoked Bread Crumbs


Flax Whiting, Fennel, Whelks Spices

Steaky Bacon, Cucumber, Garlic, Parsley, Lemon

Hanger Steak, Onion, Celery, Horseradish

'Bintje' Potato, Romanesco, Pine Nuts

Smoked Sprot, Garlic, Apple



j.e.f.
Lange Steenstraat 10, 9000 Gent, Belgium
+32 9 336 80 58



 


No comments:

Post a Comment