Saturday 4 May 2013

Osteria Balla, Pyrmont

Ciao, my readers! Typing this post has made me feel quite nostalgic.
I'm reminiscing the many wonderful memories of my trips to Italy and how
I thoroughly enjoyed every Italian city especially Milan.
Milan is one of the world's most historic and trendiest cities and food has always been one of its joys.



Balla is Stefano Manfredi's little piece of Milan in Sydney.
It is one of Sydney's best Italian restaurants and my favourite Italian place to dine.
It has a casual and comfortable atmosphere with great Sydney views,
friendly staff and fantastic modern Milanese cuisine.

 
It's no surprise I find myself coming back to Balla for more.



Fresh Italian breads with olive oil.



Raw fish dressed with lemon and Lake Como XVOO
Lovely flavours! Yum!


Chargrilled Fish with Herb Dips
It just melts in your mouth.



Wood-grilled grass-fed "minute steak" with marinated gucchini and grana
This was my son's favourite as well as mine.



Summer fruit and citrus terrine with vanilla bean syrup



One of the best things we did in Milan was to walk on the roof of this magnificent cathedral.



Duomo di Milano (Milan Cathedral) took nearly six centuries to complete
and is one of the largest Gothic cathedrals in the world.
The roof (above photo) features close-up views of some fascinating spires, pinnacles, statues and flying buttresses.
The lessons I took in Art History have proved to be invaluable.
=)


Balla
02.9657.9129
Level G, Harbourside,
The Star,
80 Pyrmont Street
Pyrmont


Osteria Balla on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment